Tuesday, July 2, 2013

App Review: A Beautiful Mess

So I'm going to try something new. I can't promise you that I'll do this consistently, but here it goes.
 
An app review. And by review, I mean my thoughts on an iPhone app I thought was fun. I could call it "Technology Tuesday," but I'm pretty sure that's been done before, and that would also mean I'd probably have to continue the tradition of "Technology Tuesday," which I can't promise... So, let's just go with Temporary Technology Tuesday for now, okay? But anyway..............................
 
Courtney introduced me to A Beautiful Mess when we were thinking of starting the Blue Typewriter and it quickly became a great influence. The style and design of the blog, the recipes, the content in general - it was a lot of stuff I enjoyed looking at, and could see myself doing, so when the Beautiful Mess photo app came out, I was pretty excited to give it a shot!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It only costs 99 cents (which is really reasonable to me) and includes filters and over 30 items, including pictures, text, and borders, to add to your photos. You can also buy additional items within the app for 99 cents per package.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One of the things I enjoy most is adding doodles to a picture. There are adorable pictures and shapes, and word bubbles too. I don't know what it is, but I really like adding words and doodles to pictures. I just think it makes the picture pop a bit and gives it a little more personality.


It's also really easy to add text to your photos. There are over 20 fonts and plenty of colors to choose from, which is nice. Choosing a font that fits the occasion and mood is important!


Another neat thing about this app is you can choose from different preset backgrounds to add text and doodles to create your own picture! Creativity at its finest!

If you want, you can check out the app for yourself by clicking here, or searching it in the iTunes app store. If you like to create fun, whimsical pictures, I'd definitely consider getting this app. It's a lot of fun and really easy to use. Sure, it's probably not going to make your photos award winning, but it really adds some fun touches - perfect for those Instagram-able moments!

I don't know Elsie and Emma or anyone associated with the Beautiful Mess blog or app, but I love both and can't wait to see what's in store for them. I just really wanted to share this app with you because I've been having so much fun with it, and wanted you to have fun with your photos too!

♥Sara

All pictures are my own, edited with the A Beautiful Mess iPhone app. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment