Thursday, March 6, 2014

What Gets Me Through My Week

So, sitting in an office all day isn’t exactly my idea of a fun time. And having just recently come from a retail environment, it’s actually really boring. Like… stare at the floor and try not to fall asleep on the keyboard boring.  But a job is a job, and I’ve gotta do what I’ve gotta do, right? Sure.
But for as long as I can remember, I’ve tried to incorporate fun things, big or small, into the days or weeks, or even months, to get me through the monotony of my daily chores. Something as small as eating a cupcake when I get home can certainly help my day move along a bit quicker. It’s like a reward for the hard work you put in, a little light at the end of the tunnel.

These are a few things that I tend to look forward to that maybe you can too.
Girls’ Night Out (or in). Meeting after work one night to get dinner, or going out for coffee on a Sunday afternoon is one of my favorite things. You can vent about your day or week, laugh, eat and drink, laugh some more, and see your besties. You don’t have to go out, though. Stay in! Watch a movie, order take out, and wear sweatpants! Win.


TV night. Sooo… I guess every night is TV night for me… But, I particularly look forward to seeing new episodes of my favorite shows every week.
Mom hugs. Yes.
Baseball games. I love baseball and going to games. I go to a lot of games with my dad, so it’s nice to catch up and watch a game together.
 
Weekends. I think we can all agree, two days off to do whatever you want is definitely something to look forward to every week.
New toys. If I get a new purse, cell phone case, book, notebook, shirt, snack – whatever – I look forward to using it! Going home for the evening, putting on those pajama pants (I like stretchy pants, can you tell?) and relaxing with your new toy. Simple. Relaxing. Something to look forward to.
 
There are plenty more things that come about that I look forward to, but those are just a few things that I could think of.
 
What kind of stuff do you look forward to to help get you through your day?
 
Sara
 
Pictures by Courtney and Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment