Meet the Boatneck Faux Rib Pullover (pictured on cover). This is my first sweater project, and so far, it's knitting up like a dream. The pattern is from the Boyfriend Sweaters book, by Bruce Weinstein.
I chose the Boatneck Pullover for a few reasons:
1. Who doesn't love a slouchy, oversized sweater?
2. The skill level of the project is easy.
3. The stitch is stylish and unique, while being simple. I really didn't want a sweater in garter stitch. The garter stitch is lovely, but it's not what I wanted in a sweater.
4. The finished sweater will be reversible. Two styles in one!
5. Since it's an oversized sweater, it's a more forgiving project. It doesn't have to fit exact measurements.
I chose Patons Classic Wool DK Superwash yarn, in Dark Grey Heather. Since this is my first sweater project, I wanted a fairly inexpensive — but not 100% acrylic — yarn that I could buy at my local craft store. Also, by not making a sweater that cost $100+, I will actually feel like I can wear it without fear of messing it up!
Here's a shot of my current progress. You can see what a nice texture the faux rib stitch creates!
So those are the details on my current project. I'll keep you updated as it progresses.
What are you currently knitting or crafting?
All photos taken by Courtney and edited with Afterlight and Instagram.