Sunday, November 3, 2013

Let's Catch Up.....

How was your October?


Mine felt like August! I should be wearing boots in this picture! The weather finally turned chilly towards the end of the month, but it's like we skipped autumn and went straight to winter! But I like my nose pink and a cup of hot cocoa in my hand, so I'm not complaining. 


I sewed a skirt from a large, men's dress shirt! The skirt needs a few more tailoring tweaks before it's photography worthy, but it IS wearable! This was a huge accomplishment for me, as most of my garment sewing ends up in the scrap bin. I also discovered that a white crayon is a fantastic substitute if your dress maker's pencil decided to go on vacation without permission.....


My favorite barista is back! She is so incredibly nice, and makes each customer feel like they are number one. Plus she makes the best cappuccinos — extra foam, every time!


My Dad had a birthday! I always bake him a fancy-smancy cake or pie. This year I baked Boston Cream Cupcakes from this recipe. There were a lot of steps, but they were fairly easy to make. 


The finished product! They were promptly devoured. 


I've been on a tea kick lately. It's a fall thing. 


Sara surprised me with this amazing trail mix! It's addictive. And those innocent looking chocolate-covered coffee beans? They pack quite the caffeine punch!


Sushi! So. Good. 


Coffee and cookie runs with Sara are always highlights in my week. They usually result in laughing until my sides hurt. 


Lattes and letter writing: a perfect way to spend a chilly, autumn afternoon!

What were some highlights of your October? What are you looking forward to this month?

♥ Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment